The information here on Malaria and Vaccinations in Uganda is just a general guide and you should consult your doctor regarding this matter. Travel clinics and government organizations that you can find below offer up-to-date information about visitor’s health in Uganda.
The risk of malaria is high throughout Uganda. The only exceptions are high altitude mountains that include the Ruwenzoris and Mt. Elgon. Keep in mind that all safari parks are known to be high-risk zones and that the rainy season is a time when the risk of malaria transition is the highest. Check out the websites below for more information and advice.
Vaccinations are recommended. Take a look at the websites below for advice regarding immunization.
- United States – wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel
- United Kingdom – www.fitfortravel.scot.nhs.uk
- Australia – www.travelclinic.com.au
- Canada – iamat.org – Vaccinations / Malaria
- Ireland – www.tmb.ie
- New Zealand – iamat.org – Vaccinations / Malaria