Located close to the town of Entebbe and 46km/29 from Kampala, Entebbe International Airport (EBB) is the main airport in Uganda. Since the country is relatively compact, the best option for getting around Uganda is by vehicle. Travelers flying to Uganda can expect to be picked up at the airport by the local tour operator who will transfer you to the hotel. This person is usually in charge of all further transportation, as it is a part of your safari package.
Flights & Airlines to Uganda
The easiest way to check for flights to and from Uganda is by using Skyscanner or Expedia for multiple destination flights. Use these travel meta-search engines to find out which airlines have flights to Uganda and how much money the tickets will cost you.
Domestic Airlines & Flights in Uganda
If you are looking for domestic flights in Uganda, Fly Uganda and Aerolink offer flights to most of the parks in the country. A charter flight can also be organized by the tour operator, but expect to pay a high price for this service. Kidepo Valley National Park is probably one of the only destinations in the country that is often reached by air.
Passport, Visa and Other Entry Requirements
- Keep in mind that some of these entry requirements can change, so make sure to reach out to your local Uganda Embassy to check if the requirements below are current.
- All foreign visitors need to have a passport that needs to be valid for at least six months.
- Your passport needs to have a full and clean visa page for endorsement.
- Travelers who are visiting Uganda must obtain a valid yellow fever certificate. This document will be required as a part of a visa application and in some cases, you will be asked to show a valid yellow fever certificate at the port of entry.
- A valid visa is required for citizens of most countries. There is a list of countries that don’t need a visa.
- The best way to obtain a visa in advance is by using the official online visa-application portal. You can also get a visa through high commission or your local Uganda Embassy. Alongside the online application process, visas on arrival are still being issued. However, it is recommended to inquire about this whole process beforehand.
- Visitors can obtain a tourist visa for Uganda only or they can get a tourist visa for East Africa, which includes entry to Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda at the same price.