Your ads will be inserted here by
Easy Plugin for AdSense.
Please go to the plugin admin page to
Paste your ad code OR
Suppress this ad slot.
Places to buy Arts and Crafts in Kampala
Here is a list of best places to find African arts and crafts in Kampala:
- Banana Boat: My Favorite place to buy souvenirs. Probably the most expensive but the quality is top notch. No bargaining here is allowed here.The shop is located at Lugogo Mall and Garden City Shopping Mall.
- Maridadi Crafts. Another excellent shop with high quality souvenirs. They carry quality handpicked African craft. No bargaining here. The shop located in near the Sheraton (6min walk) on Plot 8, Kintu Road, Nakasero.
- Exposure Africa: The biggest craft market in Kampala with many stalls carrying similar items so make sure you compare prices and bargain. The quality here is avarage. The craft market is located Daisy’s Arcade on Buganda Road.
- Uganda Arts & Crafts Village. They have a various craft stalls and shops. I noticed most shops carry the same items so you have to compare and bargain. The shop owners can be quite aggressive in getting you in their shop. The location is behind the National Theatre in Kampala.
- Nommo Gallery. The gallery has a excellent collection of African art and it is also the national gallery where African artists as well as locals display their art. Nommo Gallery is located near the Sheraton Hotel on Plot 4 Victoria Avenue, Nakasero.
and if you are in Jinja you have to visit Source Cafe. They serve good coffee and quality souvenirs. the shop located in 20 Main Street, Jinja, Uganda